Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Saturday......

Oh what a day. It's been a loooooong day. I know, what a way to start off my first blog on my first blogspot. BTW, thanks to Karen for introducing me to this. It is such a super way to keep my family from afar updated on our happenings--well, and also those from across town :) :)

Anyway, back to today. OK, so our day started with basketball. Every Saturday starts with basketball for a while. Of course Ed is reffing the morning games and, today, he has to rush off to another game later in the morning. Meantime, we have Biggest Loser weigh in. So, the kids get settled and the usual lecture by Mom before I race off to get weighed. Since my entire family is also doing Biggest Loser and are also at the basketball game, I can whine loudly about my 2 pound weight lose not equaling my hours and hours of exercise, when I return from weigh in. My Trek to Tahiti form is almost at Tahiti and it's just the first week!!! At this rate, I'll make it there and back every two weeks through the March 4th deadline!!!!!! Anyway, so I decide I'm giving up exercising and eating and pout. LOL My Father-In-Law can't resist and reminds me I haven't been doing my situps and that my "canary legs" don't really need the work. I always know I can depend on him :) :) So, Cam's game starts and the two little ones head off to their basketball game. Early on, Ed calls a foul on Cam--never goes over so well--and, unfortunately, in the end, despite a very confusing scoreboard issue, the Bulls lose and Cam is sad. We get past it (slowly but surely to quote my Dad) and we return home. I slowly muster up the rest of my refi info to send out and Cal and Austin load up the truck for a VERY full dump run. Yeah, the garage is clean. I can now recieve the Model A pickup my poor Aunt has been stumbling over for well past 10 years (only my issue for 10 years, though!!). So then we fast forward to this evening when we spent a while at the Congo Church for the Special Olympics Benefit Concert. Calvin and the rest of the group did so well!! They played many songs I knew and even our younger kids had fun. Em loved it so much, she kept taking pictures with the little digital camera she got for her birthday. Too cute!! Anyway, Ms. Duke and her students did such a marvelous job!! So, now that the youngest 4 are in bed, we're watching a movie with Calvin. Of course You, Me and Dupree isn't the most appropriate movie, even for a 15 year old, sooooo he's had to turn his head several times, but its still proving to have a cute plot. Well, Ed is now snoozing on the couch so I guess bedtime is drawing near. Time to do some situps and ab exercises on the Bosu Ball!! Goodnight!! I hope you enjoyed my first blog..................

No comments:

Post a Comment